Plan Your Family Vacations to Puerto Rico
Family-friendly Places to Stay, Things to Do in San Juan, and more!
Puerto Rico is a popular destination for a family vacation, with its warm weather, fun beaches, island vibe, and a host of outdoor activities. If you’re traveling with children, there are plenty of activities that cater to their enjoyment, from safe swims to short nature hikes. Depending on your children’s age, you may want to consider a snorkeling adventure or a relaxing day playing in the sand. Check out this guide to find the best family-friendly things to do in Puerto Rico!
Places to Stay in Puerto Rico
Puerto Rico’s got you covered with accommodations for any type of traveler, including fantastic resorts with amenities for the whole family! When traveling with kids, it’s convenient to stay in a central location, like San Juan, and have access to a pool or beach so the little ones can swim. Check out these awesome family-friendly resorts in Puerto Rico!
- DoubleTree by Hilton San Juan — Amenities include four restaurants, a swimming pool, and free shuttle service to Ocean Park Beach. Located in Downtown San Juan.
- San Juan Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino — Amenities include a swimming pool with a waterslide, a casino, and six restaurants. Located along the beach in San Juan.
- El Conquistador Resort — Home of Coquí Water Park, which features a waterslide, a lazy river, an arcade, a kids’ club, and many activities for kids. Other amenities include a golf course and five restaurants. Located in Fajardo.
- Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde — Amenities include a pool, beach access, plenty of water toys for kids and teens, ping-pong tables, a toddler pool, and a playground. Located on Isla Verde.
- Caribe Hilton San Juan — Amenities include oceanfront pools, a kids’ club, water sports at a secluded beach, and delicious piña coladas for parents. Located in San Juan.
Family-friendly things to do in San Juan, Puerto Rico
San Juan, Puerto Rico offers plenty of family-friendly activities for all ages. From nature tours to historical sites and exciting museums, you’ll find something to do for everyone.
- Take a tour of El Yunque National Forest – This tropical rainforest is a must-see for nature enthusiasts, and kids will love the unique flora and fauna. Get a bird’s eye view of the tropical landscape from one of the many lookout points, or hike down to some of the breathtaking waterfalls.
- Visit Old San Juan – This beautiful area is full of cobblestone streets and colorful architecture. Take a tour around the old city to learn more about its history and culture, or hop on a trolley for an easy ride around town.
- Explore El Morro – This massive fort has protected San Juan from pirates and invaders since 1539. Kids will love exploring this ancient fortress, complete with cannons and dungeons. Stop by the lighthouse at the top of El Morro for a stunning view of the city and sea.
- Visit a Bio Bay – Although it may require keeping the little ones up past their bedtime, exploring a bioluminescent bay is an unforgettable experience that your family will reminisce about for years to come. Witnessing the water glow at night never fails to impress, regardless of age. Puerto Rico boasts three bio bays, including the brightest one in the world, Mosquito Bay.
- Go to the beach – San Juan is surrounded by beautiful white sand beaches. Take the kids for a swim or build sand castles with your toes in the sand. Flamenco Beach on Culebra is one of the most popular beaches around, and for good reason. Its white sand, pristine shallow waters, and great swimming areas make it an ideal spot for snorkeling and other fun activities. However, if you prefer to stay near San Juan, Playa Escambrón or Playa de Condado are great options. And if you find yourself in Isla Verde, make sure to check out La Posita de Piñones. A day at the beach is an affordable and unforgettable family activity that everyone can enjoy.
No matter what you choose to do, there’s plenty of family-friendly fun waiting for you in San Juan. From educational tours to relaxing beach days, the city has something for everyone. So get out there and explore!
The best way to make sure you don’t miss out on any of the amazing things to do in San Juan is to book one of our Puerto Rico Tours. Our experienced guides will show you all the top family-friendly attractions as well as some hidden gems. Get ready for an unforgettable adventure in San Juan! Need a family-friendly airport transfer? We’ve got you covered there too!